The San Juan Brewfest is the biggest and best beer festival in the Four Corners. 50 breweries, two live bands, and lots of fun! It’s a great benefit for United Way of Southwest Colorado and an event not to be missed. All the details are at SanJuanBrewfest.com.
Date is Saturday August 24, 1 to 5 pm, and we’ll be at Buckley Park in Historic Downtown Durango.
Here are our top 10 things you should know before you go this weekend.
- Tickets – VIP are SOLD OUT, but there are General Admission available. With your ticket you can get into the event and sample as many beers as you like from your souvenir 5 oz tasting glass. There will be 50 craft breweries in attendance.
- Buy your ticket in advance! It is looking like all tickets will be sold before the day of the event. Don’t be left without a ticket. Get tickets here NOW.
- What time do the gates open? Gates open at noon for VIP ticket holders, and at 1 pm gates open for General Admission ticket holders. The event ends at 5 pm sharp! EVERYONE ATTENDING MUST HAVE A VALID ID AND MUST BE AT LEAST 21!
- Avoid the lines with early check-in. Go to Buckley Park with your ticket between 10 and 11:30 am. You will get a wristband, so that when the gates open you can get in quickly through the re-entry gate. You can print your ticket and bring a hard copy, or you can bring the email you got with your tickets on your phone. Either works.
- Don’t bring your pooch! There are NO DOGS allowed at this event. If you show up with your dog you will be turned away. No pets of any kind allowed, only legit service animals.
- What about kids? This is an ADULT ONLY event because of the large number of attendees. No one under 21 will be admitted into the event, not even infants. If you need childcare check out the Childcare page on our website for options from Nifty Nanny.
- Transportation. The Main Avenue Trolley and all City buses are FREE the day of the Brewfest. The Trolley runs from 8 am to 8:20 pm. There are multiple stops on Main Avenue, and the Trolleys come by each stop every 20 minutes. You can also walk into town to avoid having to find a parking spot. Other options for transportation include Buckhorn Limousine, Durango Taxi and Animas Transportation. Don’t forget Durango has UBER as well. See our Transportation page for more information.
- Enlist a friend to be a designated driver. The San Juan Brewfest has partnered with Celebrating Healthy Communities Ride Responsible progra, and Four Corners Broadcasting. Designated Drivers can enter the event for only $20, and receive free “mocktails” from local restaurants and bars as a reward for helping others get home safely. DD’s will find these, plus some seating just for them, at the Four Corners Broadcasting booth. DD tickets are available in advance or at the gate.
- What can I bring into the Brewfest? You can bring in a purse or backpack with personal items, like a wallet, sunscreen etc. We reserve the right to search any bag. You can bring in an EMPTY water bottle. There will be a free water station at the event courtesy of Well on Wheels. See our Polices and FAQ page.
- Entertainment and food. The San Juan Brewfest has a great lineup of live music all day: headliner is Ron Artis II & the Truth, opening act is Spidercat. Food will be available for purchase. Check out this year’s food vendors here.
Check out the participating breweries here! Tickets are available at SanJuanBrewfest.com/tickets.